We are Alliance Member of the Sustainability Initiative Blue Competence. Blue Competence (www.bluecompetence.net) is an initiative of the VDMA (www.vdma.org) for promoting and communication of sustainable solutions for the Mechanical Engineering Industry. By using the trademark “Blue Competence”, we commit ourselves to these twelve Sustainability Guidelines of the Mechanical Engineering Industry:
Our comprehension of trendsetting sustainability is based on the principles of economic success, fairness, respect & responsibility and includes the dimensions of society, ecology & economy. We comprehend sustainable action in terms of the definition of the Brundtland-Report1 and the definitions of the German “Rat für Nachhaltige Entwicklung“2.
1. Sustainability is a crucial part of our company strategy.
2. We create solid business schemes with sustainable values and secure entrepreneurial success.
3. Our technologies and solutions promote worldwide sustainable developments.
For us as a circular knitting machine manufacturer this means, for example, that a new development must be not only profitable but also sustainable. We aim to achieve more while making less use of our resources. To find out about how we have succeeded in doing so with spinitsystems, our spinning and knitting technology, please click here [blue competence – spinitsystems].
4. Sustainable thinking and action are represented in our processes and products.
5. We act with consideration of resources and stand up for climate protection.
6. Our staff is our most valuable asset. We promote engagement and participation.
7. We stand up for keeping the human rights.
8. Our company is a habitat.
9. We take responsibility in our region.
10. We do, what we promise!
11. We actively cultivate the network with all participants.
12. We transparently communicate our sustainable action.
The Blue Competence Initiative ensures transparency and makes orientation easier. If you are looking for a sustainable product from a company that pursues sustainable policies you need look no further than for a member of this initiative.